Your privacy is critically important to us. We only collect a bare minimum of data necessary to improve Care to Speak Peer Support Services. All information collected is anonymized, and no personal information is collected or shared at any time. We store this anonymized visitor and website information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
Information We Collect Automatically
This information collection occurs via the built-in analytics system of Google Analytics and Google Optimize, a website analytics service that we use to collect data from visits to https://careforcaregivers.ca/caretospeak/.
- Log Information. Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you visit https://careforcaregivers.ca/caretospeak/.
- Usage Information. We collect information about your usage of our website. For example, we collect information about the actions that visitors perform on https://careforcaregivers.ca/caretospeak/. We also collect information about what happens when you use the webpage (e.g., page views, button clicks) along with information about your device (e.g., mobile screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to, for example, provide our services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our website so that we can improve our services.
- Location Information. When you visit https://careforcaregivers.ca/caretospeak/, we may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions. However, note that we anonymize these data as far as possible. For instance, IP addresses are stored in the form of 192.168.xxx.xxx, that is, with the last six numbers anonymized. This prevents anyone with access to these data (including us) from reliably tracking down your exact location.
How We Use Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and as follows:
- To provide our Peer Support Services – for example, to set up and maintain our peer support services in the most useful way;
- To further develop our Peer Support Services – for example, by adding new features that we believe our users will enjoy or will help them to use https://careforcaregivers.ca/caretospeak/ more efficiently; and
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with the website, which helps us improve our Peer Support Services and make them easier to use