Qualitative Fit Tester Online Course
A fit test is a series of procedures used to determine if a tight-fitting respirator, such as an N95, can effectively seal around the wearer’s face. Without conducting a fit-test, there is no way to confirm that the respirator can adequately protect the wearer from airborne disease and contaminates.
Fit testing is legally required for anyone who must use a tight-fitting respirator in Canada and according to WorkSafeBC Regulations, fit testers must be competent in the fit testing methods as described by the CSA Standards.
This Qualitative Fit Tester Training has been developed in accordance with WorkSafeBC Regulations and CSA Standards and enables participants who successfully complete the course to conduct qualitative fit tests on workers in their own continuing care organization who are using an N95 respirator (or equivalent).
By the end of this training, successful participants will be able to:
- Explain why fit testing is necessary for anyone wearing a respirator
- Understand the WorkSafeBC Regulation and CSA Standards as they apply to respirator use in continuing care
- Evaluate another person’s competency to properly don, seal check, and doff a respirator
- Conduct qualitative fit tests from beginning to end
- Clean and maintain the equipment included in a qualitative fit testing kit
The average time to complete this course is approximately 3 – 4 hours (75 – 90 minutes of online training, 75 – 90 minutes of practice, 30 – 45 minute skills demonstration). Access to the course will expire 1 year from the date you enroll.
SafeCare BC Member Pricing: $35 | Non-Members $110
More Like This
Learn why healthy sleep matters and how it impacts overall health and performanc...Learn More
There is a pressing need to support the health care workforce in order to streng...Learn More
A free webinar hosted by N4.
This webinar provides an overview of the principles of psychological first aid, ...Learn More